The content of the article:
History of the breed
Archaeological finds suggest that the Alabai were born earlier than most other breeds – the first images of Alabai with docked ears and tail date back to 2000 BC. A statuette depicting a dog was found during excavations of a Bronze Age dwelling. It is believed that the appearance of the breed has remained unchanged since that time.
The formation and development of the breed took place on a vast territory belonging to nomadic tribes: from the Caspian Sea to the Dzungarian Altau and from the Pamirs to the Urals. On the site of the steppes, various states were formed that consider the Alabaevs “theirs”. The most famous names:
- Kazakh wolfhound.
- Turkmen Alabay.
- Central asian shepherd dog.
The latter name is correct geographically and has been used in Russia since 1989. On the territory of Turkmenistan, there is another standard, where the breed is called “Turkmen wolfhound”, is recognized as a national treasure and is prohibited from being exported from the state.
Alabai is the result of crossing the ancient breed of Molossians and the ancestors of the Great Danes. The nomads needed a strong, brave, large dog to protect herds and property. Wolves were the main opponents of guard dogs, therefore the nickname “wolfhounds” is absolutely deserved. The strongest representatives survived in battles with predators. They gave offspring.
The willfulness of the breed will not allow the pet to immediately become “silk” – the methodology and patience will be useful to the teacher. The best incentive is encouragement. A delicacy, praise, stroking – will make Alabai try. [/сolor-box]
Curiosity and persistence are inherent qualities of the breed. If a pet is striving for something, he will not stop until he achieves his goal.
Do not allow the puppy to “hug”, standing on its hind legs. While he is small, it is fun and pleasant, but under the weight of an adult Alabai it is difficult to stand on his feet.
Males learn better. Bitches find tricks easy to avoid command execution.
The naturally evolving nomadic guard dog boasts health and resistance to infections. They do not have the bloating common in other large dogs..
- Dysplasia of the pelvis and elbow is a problem common to large dogs. She did not bypass the Central Asian Shepherd Dogs.
- Allergic reactions.
- Problem joints.
- Metabolic disorders and diabetes – as a consequence of improper diet.
- Excess weight.
To maintain the health of a pet, attention, maintenance in suitable conditions, proper nutrition and timely vaccination are necessary.
The price range is large: from 10,000 to 50,000 rubles and above. Puppies can be divided into three price categories:
- About 10,000 – defective specimens: malocclusion, irregular proportions. Such animals will not be able to participate in exhibitions, but they will be excellent companions and guards..
- Between 15,000 and 20,000 is not a marriage, but nothing special either. In show programs, he will not achieve success, but will become a true friend.
- From 20,000 – puppies with the prospect of a championship, capable of taking high places at exhibitions. The most expensive are Alabai with white wool.
List of nurseries
- Alabai 62 Ryazan – alabai62.ru/
- Prima-Alabay Rossosh – prima-alabay.ru/
- Sheriff AGA Moscow – sherif-aga.ru/
- Klovi Fryazino – klovi.ru/