The content of the article:
History of the breed
The Japanese Spitz, as the name implies, appeared in the Land of the Rising Sun in the 1920s and 1930s. The literal sound of the name is something like this: “nihon supitsu”. The creators refused to provide information about which breeds served as the basis for breeding. The most likely founding father is a German Spitz imported from China.
Genetic examinations have shown that the Spitz family is closely related to wolves.
As with all Japanese breeds, the wild Japanese dog, the main supplier of genes for Asian breeders, has not been without participation. That is why the main features of all rocks of the Land of the Rising Sun are so similar. Dogs differ in size, color and minor details that only specialists can see.
Natural Japanese wild dogs are Asian Spitz: square proportions, slanting, with narrow eyes, pointed ears and muzzle, short hair and a classic donut tail. In describing the character of these dogs, intelligence, loyalty, courage and silence are especially noted. This is who the Samurai Code was written from.
For the first time, white Asian dogs were noted in 1921, at the Tokyo show.
In the 1930s and 1940s, stubborn Asians continued to develop the breed, bringing the appearance to the extreme degree of affection. The Japanese Spitz definitely contains the genes of the Canadian, American and Australian Spitz dogs. The breeders fulfilled and exceeded the set task. The resulting look cannot leave anyone indifferent: glamor with Asian motives, aesthetics, sincere expression of emotions make the Japanese Spitz an ideal companion to please the owner..
It is imperative to convince the “Japanese” that you cannot pick up anything from the ground and take food from a stranger. [/color-box]
Friendship does not mean blindly following orders. The fluffy kid is absolutely sure of this. He will love and help with pleasure, but he will leave a choice for himself – to carry out the command or not.
This breed can train for a long time and fruitfully, perceiving new information in large blocks. A clear confirmation is the Japanese spitz of the circus troupe Nikolai Pavlenko. Don’t worry about overwork. You need to worry about something else – so that the pet does not get bored. Therefore, the elements of the game must be present in the classes.
Puppy commands are taught gradually:
- At 2 months of age, the baby already knows his name, uses the toilet.
- At 3-4 months the time comes for the rules of behavior and the main commands: “Fu”, “Place”, “To me”.
- Six months – the age when the puppy becomes more assiduous and can concentrate on the task for a long time, is used to walking, knows the owner’s requirements. Obedience commands are added: “Sit”, “Lie down”, “Near”.
- The socialization of Spitz does not differ from dogs of other breeds. More walks, communication, new places. The pet will adapt to changes and understand who is who.
Disposition to disease
There are no hereditary diseases inherent in the breed in the Japanese Spitz, but there is a tendency to some problems.
- Eye diseases.
- Spine problems.
- Piroplasmosis and otodectosis.
In our country, this breed is not very common, so the price tag for puppies is quite high. A baby from a registered breeder, born of champions, will cost from 35,000 to 50,000 rubles. If the features of the breed are pronounced, the price may rise even more.
A puppy from non-graduate parents can be purchased for less money – from 15,000 rubles.
Males are larger bitches and look brighter due to the splendor of the coat. You can buy a small Pomeranian from the age of 2 months – at this moment all the advantages and disadvantages of appearance are already visible.
List of nurseries
1) Akulova Gora Pushkino – akulovagora.ru/page.php?pid=1
2) Universe Phantasm, Volgograd – neofantastik.narod.ru/
3) Best Rendezvous, St. Petersburg – www.best-randevu.spb.ru/miniatyurnyj-shpic/
4) Yuki Kitsune Krasnodar – yukikitsune.jimdo.com
Japanese Spitz Photos